(I) FUNDRAISE FOR THe humane league
Get on a vegetarian/vegan diet for 5 days!
Besides trying out a healthier diet, let your friends know and get them to support The Humane League, to help reduce farm animals' suffering.
[Leave your message below.]
(II) MAKE A PERSONAL DONATION:
Give directly to The Humane League.
*Your donations will be processed on Animal Charity Evaluator's donations processing page. Please indicate "EA SG" for note on tribute gift so we can track our community's overall impact. Thank you!
$100 USD = 10,000 - 170,000 animals saved
The Humane League
The Humane League is a leading national farm animal protection nonprofit and runs a variety of programs that advocate for farmed animals, including online veg advertising, corporate outreach, and leafleting programs. They continually seek to optimize the impact of their activities.
Does it work?
THL’s largest programs, based on their budget, are their corporate campaigns and grassroots outreach. They encourage corporations to shift to policies dictating a higher animal welfare standard and they educate the public using leaflets and online videos. THL also works with schools to implement Meatless Monday programs, presents humane education lectures to students, and trains college activists.
Animal Charity Evaluators estimated that THL could use at least $1 million to $1.5 million more in funding next year than they had this year, with about $500,000 to $1 million of that coming from individual donors. It’s likely that they would use it to expand their international work, including corporate campaigns and possibly grassroots work, and to expand their campus outreach program.
Where your donation goes to
From an average $1,000 donation, THL would spend about $300 on corporate outreach to campaign for higher welfare policies. They would spend about $290 on grassroots outreach, including leafleting, supporting corporate campaigns, and humane education. THL would also spend about $250 on online ads, $120 on communications and social media, and about $40 on campus outreach. Our rough estimate is that these activities combined would spare 100,000 to 1.7 million animals from life in industrial agriculture.
Show your support!
About The Donations
- This is a fundraiser initiated by Effective Altruism Singapore (EA SG), mainly to facilitate our community's giving.
- The three selected charities are based on recommendations by two charity evaluators that we think are aligned with EA's focus on effective charities: GiveWell and Animal Charity Evaluators.
- Donations will be processed outside of EA SG's platform. Currently, EA SG promotes effective charities but we do not process donations by ourselves. We have provided secure and trusted links of EA organisations to process the donations.
- We will track our community's overall giving and impact through AMF, TLYCS and ACE (see point #3). Indicate "EA SG" when you make your donation so we'll be able to track how much our community has raised and our overall impact.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Thank you for supporting these EA-recommended charities. We hope that we can collectively create a much greater impact in this world! :)