(I) FUNDRAISE FOR AMF:
Give 1 day of your income.
Share with your friends to also support AMF's bednet distribution programme to prevent malaria.
[Leave your message below.]
(II) MAKE A PERSONAL DONATION:
Give directly to AMF.
*Your donations will be processed on AMF's donations processing page.
$100 USD = 20 Nets bought and distributed
Against Malaria Foundation (AMF)
AMF funds anti-malaria nets, specifically long-lasting insecticidal nets (LLINs), and work with distribution partners to ensure they are used. They have robust processes for ensuring that nets reach their intended recipients and monitor whether they remain in homes and in good condition over the long-term.
Does it work?
There is strong evidence that distributing nets reduces child mortality and malaria cases. AMF has relatively strong reporting requirements for its distribution partners and provides a level of public disclosure and tracking of distributions that we have not seen from any other net distribution charity.
Where your donation goes to
GiveWell estimates that the cost to purchase and distribute an AMF-funded net is $4.35 in Malawi, $5.92 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), and $5.14 in Ghana (the three countries that AMF has completed large-distributions in). They also very roughly estimate, based on past and planned distributions, that the cost per net in distributions AMF may fund with additional donations is $4.85.
Show your support!
About The Donations
- This is a fundraiser initiated by Effective Altruism Singapore (EA SG), mainly to facilitate our community's giving.
- The three selected charities are based on recommendations by two charity evaluators that we think are aligned with EA's focus on effective charities: GiveWell and Animal Charity Evaluators.
- Donations will be processed outside of EA SG's platform. Currently, EA SG promotes effective charities but we do not process donations by ourselves. We have provided secure and trusted links of EA organisations to process the donations.
- We will track our community's overall giving and impact through AMF, TLYCS and ACE (see point #3). Indicate "EA SG" when you make your donation so we'll be able to track how much our community has raised and our overall impact.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Thank you for supporting these EA-recommended charities. We hope that we can collectively create a much greater impact in this world! :)